“Building Your Home On A Solid Foundation”
“Every house is built by someone, but GOD is the builder of everything” Hebrews 3:4″
Steps to accomplishing your new home:
- Get pre-approved by your bank (know what your budget/limit is)
- Know the kind of house you want to build (stay within your means when choosing a house plan)
- Find a licensed contractor (http://hawaii.gov/dcca/pvl/boards/contractor/ or hopefully you will choose Ozzy’s Construction as your contractor.
- Schedule a site visit with your contractor.
- Give an idea plan of what you want your home to be, to your contractor
- Your Contractor will then schedule a meeting with both homeowner and architect to draw out your home
- Once drawings are finalized, then it’s off to the Engineer to do his part (this steps may take a week or two depending on comments from the Engineer to the architect.
- Once drawings are stamped by the Engineer, then it’s off to DPP (Department of Planning and Permitting) for about 2 1/2 months, if a demo permit is needed, then consider it 3 months lead time for both permits.
- Hooray, your permit(s) is ready! Now it’s time to schedule another meeting with the contractor to set and start date and time.